Posted: March 20, 2020 | Newsletter
March 18, 2020
As your trusted Supply Chain Logistics & Transportation advisor/partner for over 20 years now, we think it’s important to communicate with you now as the news is dominated by the implications of COVID-19 (the Coronavirus disease). We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding the spread of the virus. As the global impact of the virus continues to unfold, CPC has implemented actions and continues to adjust our operations to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our customers, associates and communities.
In order to do our part in the efforts to “flatten the curve” and impact of this virus, we have made the very difficult decision to limit onsite visits beginning this week Monday, March 16, until at least May 1, 2020. The health of our clients and employees is paramount, so while we apologize for this inconvenience, we believe it is the right thing to do at this time.
The following are several other actions that CPC has implemented to maximize social distancing among our employees and the general public:
- Beginning Monday, March 16, the CPC headquarters will be closed to the public and all business transactions will be conducted through our website, email correspondence, video conferencing or over the telephone. Following CDC recommendations, our offices will remain closed to the public until such time the CDC deems appropriate.
- All international business travel for all employees has been canceled indefinitely.
- Domestic travel will be restricted to as needed basis. If an onsite visit is deemed necessary, we may implement one or more of the following:
- We will not be able to meet onsite if you have an illness or if you have had an illness in the office within 5 days of service as the virus can last on surfaces for up to this length of time.
- Due to flu and virus season, our team may elect to forego handshakes for your protection and the protection of our technicians.
- We will take precautions such as using gloves in your office.
- We will not an office if a team member is sick.
- We will ensure all printers, physical material, and personnel are disinfected before and after an onsite visit
- Beginning Monday, March 16, a significant number of CPC staff will be telecommuting from home.
Transportation Industry: The global economy has been in a tailspin in large part due to COVID-19 and the Oil competition between Russia and Saudi Arabia. Prices per barrel of oil are at historic lows with no clear end in site and stabilization of the market place will not be sustained until the infections and deaths from the virus are diminished. The GOOD NEWS is that CPC is helping companies renegotiate contracted rates based on what will be significantly lower fuel costs in the months to come. Please contact us to review your current situation and develop a plan to reduce freight expense going forward.
Prospective Clients: During this challenging time, many are choosing alternative transportation solutions to avoid supply congestion, optimize imports and exports, maintain or improve service quality, or to reduce expenses. It’s also a great time to get out of the Roller Coaster Rate game of spot quoting and enter in to a Shipper favored longer term arrangement. CPC can help you to achieve your goals and do so with a minimally invasive process that requires only a modicum of time for your team.
In the meantime, please be encouraged to reach out to myself or our team of consultants and analysts if you have any questions on how we can assist your operation. Our Team will continue to focus on delivering the services you depend on in a manner consistent with the guidance from the WHO and CDC to prioritize the wellbeing of our current and future clients as well as our employees. We are all in this together, please stay healthy and thank you for your trust in CPC Consultants.